Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR®)
Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR®) Program
The Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR®) program is a process whereby a company with (9) or less employees develops and maintains an effective health and safety system. The SECOR program is designed to help companies reduce the human and financial losses associated with accidents. SECOR program certification recognizes employers who have achieved their objective of creating and implementing a health and safety program that meets industry standards. Small employers often use SECOR certification as a stepping-stone to achieving Certificate of Recognition (COR®) certification. The training requirements and auditing process for the SECOR program are less extensive than those for the COR program to accommodate the smaller number in the workforce.
All SCSA SECOR Program Certified Companies
- View the most recent list of all SCSA SECOR companies in good standing with the SCSA, here: http://www.scsaonline.ca/news/SCSA-SECOR-Companies
Register into the SECOR program
Fill out the registration form and either email, fax or mail it to your nearest SCSA office.
Complete all (3) mandatory classroom courses
- Small Employer Safety Management: Must be attended by the owner or most senior company representative
- Safety Construction Orientation Training (SCOT®) (or approved equivalent): Must be completed by all permanent full-time employees
- Standard First Aid/CPR: Employers must obtain adequate Standard First Aid and CPR training as outlined in the Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety legislation and provide valid copies of certification to the SCSA.
Develop and implement a safety program
Using the course information your company has gained from the above mentioned courses, develop and implement a quality safety program for your company. Our Safety Advisors are available to provide guidance and support while you are developing your safety program.
Undergo and pass an SCSA administrative health and safety audit
This process demonstrates that your health and safety program is achieving the desired results.
SECOR Certification Benefits:
- Injury Prevention
- SCSA training assists employers in developing, implementing and maintaining an effective health and safety management system.
- Fewer injuries and job interruptions lead to a more productive and profitable company.
- Pre-bid Qualification
- An ever increasing number of buyers of construction in Saskatchewan are recognizing the fact that companies with an established and effective safety program tend to be better motivated, have fewer job interruptions and tend to complete the required work on time. Many bid documents ask for a company to have a safety program or that preference on bids will be given to a company with a safety program.
- Companies that have registered into the program and have successfully passed an external audit will be issued a Small Employer Certificate of Recognition. These audits are an excellent aid in helping a company to continually evaluate and improve upon their health and safety system.
*SECOR® is a registered trademark of members of the Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations.
Please note: Program requirements and fees subject to change without notice.