Safety Auditor Training
This two-day program is designed to provide training to those who will be evaluating a company health & safety program. Safety audits are a cost-effective method of measuring existing management systems. This program provides education necessary to effectively evaluate the health and safety system in a company.
Participants must have an understanding of health and safety management systems before enrolling in this program. All auditor candidates are required to have a working knowledge of field operations and possess strong communication and analytical skills.
This event contains 16 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points. See the BCRSP website at www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
- Safety Management
- (2) days
- To teach participants the necessary skills to conduct effective health and safety audits.
The participant will discover what role the auditor has in the health and safety management system including:
- Reasons for performing audits
- Legislative and due diligence requirements
- Examine how corporate culture affects the health and safety program
- How to carry out effective interviews, communicate the findings through a close-out meeting and the Auditor's Executive Summary Report
- The Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association (SCSA) Quality Assurance Review
- A hands-on workshop starts the afternoon of the first day and concludes during day two with the audit close-out meeting.
- Successfully meet course requirements.
- Submit to the SCSA, a self-audit within eight months of course completion.
- Participant will be issued an Internal Auditor Certificate upon successful completion of a self-audit.
- To maintain active auditor status, an audit (internal or external) must be submitted on a yearly basis and classroom training is required every three years. Failure to submit annual audits and re-certify before expiry will result in the student repeating the two-day Safety Auditor Training course.
Verification of completed Safety Management pre-requisite course required prior to enrollment. Please contact your nearest SCSA office to register: 306.525.0175 (Regina); 306.652.0907 (Saskatoon); 1.800.817.2079 (toll-free)