Occupational Health Committee Training Level 1
The WorkSafe Saskatchewan approved Occupational Health Committee (OHC) Level One Training is an introductory one day course for OHC members and occupational health and safety representatives.
This event contains 8 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points. See the BCRSP website at www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
Participants learn the basics of OHS legislation, how the committee functions, and how the committee may assist workers to improve the health and safety of their worksite. By the end of this course OHC members and representatives will know:
- How to locate relevant information in the Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) legislation to address occupational health and safety issues in their workplace
- The requirements for establishing and operating an effective OHC
- The duties and role of the OHC within the OHS Workplace Responsibility System
- How to identify and assess workplace hazards
- How to identify and recommend corrective actions to control workplace hazards
- How to handle OHS concerns and investigate refusals to work
For information on OHC Level Two Training, please visit www.worksafesask.com