Health and Safety Administrator (HSA)
Health and Safety Administrator (HSA) Program
The objective of the Health and Safety Administrator (HSA) program is to provide formal training for an administrator of a health and safety program, who does not possess a minimum of three years construction field experience. Certification indicates to employers that the participant has knowledge in various health and safety management skills and principles. This knowledge positions the individual to provide support in the administration of a company’s health and safety program.
All courses and proficiencies must be completed to achieve a HSA designation.
- Safety Management
- Safety Auditor Training (certified)* (Pre-requisite: Safety Management)
- Leadership for Safety Excellence
- WHMIS 2015 - Live on the Jobsite*
- Claims Management
- Safety Administration (Prerequisite: Safety Management, Safety Auditor Training, Leadership for Safety Excellence, WHMIS 2015 Train the Trainer, Claims Management)
- Confined Space and Respiratory Protection Awareness Training
- Contractor Training
- Basic Training Techniques
- Safety Construction Orientation Training (SCOT®)**
Please Note: We will also grant equivalency for training taken with our sister associations that are members of the Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations (CFCSA)
Elective Courses (any two):
- SCSA Fall Protection Training
- WorkSafe Saskatchewan Level 1 & 2 Occupational Health Committee Training
- Danatec Transportation of Dangerous Goods*
- St.John's Ambulance or Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid/CPR*
- ENFORM H2S Alive*
* Proof of re-certification must be submitted every three (3) years.
** Proof of re-certification must be submitted every five (5) years.
Please note: Program requirements and fees subject to change without notice.