Supervisor on the Scene: Communication - Online Theory Only
NOTE: This course has been updated and was formerly known as Communication Cornerstones: Building Trust
This course will show supervisors the four simple principles of effective communication; Plan – Select – Deliver – Respond.
- Describe the importance of clear and effective supervisor-related communication by using the four steps of communication.
Plan Your Communication
- Explain the benefits of planning your communication.
Select How to Communicate
- Recognize the importance of choosing an appropriate media for the communication. Recognize the need to choose an appropriate location based on the communication medium and purpose.
Deliver the Communication
- Discuss the characteristics of delivering successful communication.
Receive and Respond to Feedback
- Discuss the importance of providing the opportunity for feedback and responding to it.
- Review the importance of effective supervisor-related communication. Revisit the four steps of communication.
Cost: $25 plus GST
Duration: The time needed to complete each online course varies for each individual. You may stop the course at any time and access your activity at a later date.