Stairways and Ladders: A Safe Step - Online Theory Only
NOTE: This course has been updated and was formerly known as Ladders
Provides workers with general knowledge around proper use and maintenance of stairways and ladders, including how to climb them.
In this program, you will learn about stairway and ladder safety, including how to use various types of ladders such as step, extension and fixed ladders.
Choosing the Right Ladder
- Identify important considerations before use of ladders, including duty rating and labelling
- Determine the appropriate ladder for the job including the use of portable ladders and fixed ladders.
Inspection and Maintenance
- Define inspection guidelines and proper maintenance techniques, including frequency
Safe Work Practices
- Identify safe working practices taking into account common ladder hazards, safety standards, proper storage and use, and personal protective equipment
- Identify proper climbing techniques when using a ladder, while taking into account your surroundings.
- Recognize unsafe conditions and unsafe acts
- Identify control measures to prevent incidents related to ladders and stairways
Cost: $25 plus GST
Duration: The time needed to complete each online course varies for each individual. You may stop the course at any time and access your activity at a later date.