WHMIS 2015 Train The Trainer – 2020 Edition
This one-day course has been developed in partnership with the Safety Association of Saskatchewan Manufacturing (SASM) to support the needs of the Saskatchewan construction industry. Upon completion of the course and successful completion of the accompanying exam, learners will receive a Certificate as an approved WHMIS 2015 Trainer allowing them to present both Generic and Site Specific WHMIS to employees within their organization.
This course provides generic WHMIS 2015 training to meet regulatory requirements and supports all needs related to the Certificate of Recognition (COR®), Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR®), National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO™), and Health and Safety Administrator (HSA) program requirements.
- Overview of WHMIS 2015
- Roles and responsibilities of suppliers, employers and workers in WHMIS 2015
- Four parts that make up WHMIS 2015
- WHMIS hazard groups and classes
- Different types of labels required and the label elements
- Elements and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Train the Trainer component to assist you in assessing your site specific training needs
- Practices and approaches to making WHMIS work for you and your organization
WHMIS 2015 Worker Kits – 2020 Edition
This course is complimented with a Trainer’s Kit, which includes presentation material that can be modified to suite the need of the organization and jobsite. WHMIS 2015 Worker Kits – 2020 Edition (packages of 10) may also be purchase enabling companies to provide training material already prepared. Please contact the office to find out more about purchasing your kit.
Maintenance of Certification:
To maintain WHMIS 2015 Train The Trainer certification by SCSA, qualified trainers must complete one of the following options before the three (3) year expiration date:
- Option 1: Challenge the exam and successfully pass with an 90%, or
- Option 2: Attend the 1-day WHMIS 2015 Train The Trainer - 2020 Edition course (this step is required every six years)