Hoisting and Rigging Safety Awareness
This two-day course is designed for workers that apply rigging for hoisting operations. The course assessment includes a written exam and a practical demonstration.
Two certificates are issued:
- Hoisting and Rigging Safety Awareness certificate
- International Hand Signals certificate
- Review sections of the Saskatchewan OHS Regulations regarding rigging
- Proper use of common lifting hardware and slings
- Inspection criteria of common lifting hardware and slings
- Sling stress calculations
- International recognized hand signals for mobile cranes
This course may be eligible for Continuing Education Units through the Sask Operator Certification board. See the http://saskocb.ca/ceu-evaluations for more info.