Hoisting and Rigging Safety Awareness
This two-day course is designed for workers that apply rigging for hoisting operations. The course assessment includes a written exam and a practical demonstration.
Two certificates are issued:
- Hoisting and Rigging Safety Awareness certificate
- International Hand Signals certificate
- Review sections of the Saskatchewan OHS Regulations regarding rigging
- Proper use of common lifting hardware and slings
- Inspection criteria of common lifting hardware and slings
- Sling stress calculations
- International recognized hand signals for mobile cranes
This event contains 16 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points. See the BCRSP website at www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
The Sask Operator Certification board has accredited this course with 1.3CEU (Continuing Education Units). These credits can be used towards the Water and Wastewater Works Operator Certification.