Frame Scaffold Awareness
This one day seminar is designed to give the participant an awareness of the proper principles of working with, erecting, and inspecting frame scaffolding. The seminar requires the student to review course material during a one day classroom and hands-on scaffold erection session, led by an experienced instructor.
This event contains 8 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points. See the BCRSP website at www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
Note: Participants MUST bring their own Personal Protective Equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, safety gloves, high-visibility vest, and safety footwear).
None, but this module is an asset for future modules which will cover tube and clamp scaffold and system scaffolding.
- To inform workers of their legislated responsibilities
- To identify requirements for rolling tower and frame scaffolding work
- To describe hazards and their controls
- Familiarize workers with the scaffolding equipment and its use
- Proper inspection and maintenance
- Rolling tower and frame scaffolds
- Review of legislation
- Review of scaffolding terms, and definitions
- Inspection of equipment
- Foundation considerations
- Scaffold erection
- Securing a scaffold
- Planks, platforms
- Protection against falling
- Minimum distances from exposed energized high voltage electrical conductors
- Dismantling of the scaffold