This two-day course is designed for management, supervisors and office personnel who are involved in Workers' Compensation Board (WCB) claims and modified work programs within a company.
This event contains 16 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points. See the BCRSP website at www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
The purpose of this course is to familiarize personnel with how to effectively manage an injury claim. Understanding WCB legislation, reporting forms, managing the claim, modified work, and costs associated with the claim are all part of an effective claims management program.
Our Claims Management course is divided into seven sections:
1. Statistics - Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association (SCSA) and WCB.
2. Role of the WCB
3. Starting an effective claims management program (modified work programs; reporting requirements; forms used; return to work and types of work; physicians)
4. Pain and stress management
5. Costing (assessments and experience rate; compensation rate setting; contractors; cost relief; re-opening claims
6. Appeal system
7. New policies and policy changes