WHMIS is an excellent program that provides information to employers and workers about the hazardous materials they work with on the job. This one-day program is designed to provide the theoretical information required to effectively train WHMIS at the workplace.
To provide the participants:
- Certification to conduct generic WHMIS training internally
- Knowledge to develop site-specific programs to fulfill legislative requirements
- Knowledge to use WHMIS to protect the health and safety of everyone on the work site
- Information to facilitate a self-study program for workers
- Knowledge to evaluate worker competency through an exam
- Identifying warning symbols
- Proper labeling on controlled products
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Information required on MSDS and its significance
- All controlled substances must have an up-to-date MSDS
Worker Education Trainers are:
- Taught to effectively relay the proper meaning of WHMIS information to workers
- Educated on how workers can use WHMIS information to protect their health and safety on the work site
- Participants who successfully meet the course requirements will be issued a WHMIS Train-the-Trainer certificate and wallet card.
- All workers that are trained in generic WHMIS will also be issued a wallet card.
- Re-certification is required every three (3) years.
- Members: $40.00 Supporters: $75.00 Non-Members $300.00
Location & Dates:
- Regina - May 28, June 27, July 17, August 20, September 17
- Saskatoon - June 3, June 12, June 27, July 25, August 14, September 17
SCSA WHMIS Train-The-Trainer Training is eligible for 0.5 Certification Maintenance Points (CMPs) from the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals.