Small Employer Safety Management
This course has been developed to provide the small business employer with the knowledge to develop and maintain a simple, cost effective safety management system. It will assist you as an owner/manager of a small business to understand your role in regards to health and safety in the workplace. The information contained in this course addresses basic health and safety principles, which if applied will undoubtedly reduce incidents and accidents in your workplace.
- To provide knowledge and guidance to develop a basic and cost effective safety management system.
- To explain these system elements.
- To provide information to participants about the benefits of having a company health and safety program.
- To assist the employers in the health and safety implementation process.
- The background and reasons for developing a safety program
- Legislative requirements
- The basic elements of a safety program
- How to revise and update the Safety Manual
- How to maintain the company safety program
- Basic health and safety terminology
- Samples of the safety elements required are provided to help an owner get started
- Additional assistance and resources available
- Members: $40.00 Supporters: $75.00 Non-Members: $300.00
Location & Dates:
- Regina - June 20, August 29, November 7
- Saskatoon - June 24, August 20, October 24
SCSA Small Employer Safety Management Training is eligible for 0.5 Certification Maintenance Points (CMPs) from the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals.