Leadership for Safety Excellence
This program will assist supervisors in building health and safety into their everyday planning. It encourages and promotes a safe work environment where people can work safely, and help make a lasting contribution to the reduction of incident in the industry. This two-day program is designed to provide a knowledge base required to satisfy the legislative duties and obligations.
- To define the supervisor's role; and to explain the supervisor's responsibilities for safety on the worksite
- SUPERVISOR'S ROLE - promoting and enforcing safety standards in the workplace; safety program elements; management, supervisory and worker responsibilities; regulatory requirements; corporate culture.
- INSPECTIONS - purpose and types of inspections; conducting an inspection; prioritizing deficiencies; reporting and follow-up; presenting recommendations to management.
- INVESTIGATIONS - reasons for and when to do an investigation; legislative obligations; presenting recommendations to management; preparing for and when to investigate; conducting a successful investigation.
- TRAINING - reason for training; orientation and on-the-job training; planning and conducting a training session; and getting the most out of your safety training.
In order to receive the Certificate of Proficiency and successfully complete the program, the participant must conduct a satisfactory toolbox meeting, site inspection and site investigation or simulated investigation. Documents submitted must be dated within one year of completing the course and are mandatory for Certificate of Recognition and Construction Safety Officer program qualification. Please contact the SCSA for more information.
- Member: $75.00 Supporter: $150.00 Non-Member: $500.00
Location & Dates:
- Regina - May 27 & 28, June 10 & 11, June 26 & 27, july 8 & 9, July 24 & 25, August 7 & 8, August 21 & 22, September 4 & 5, September 16 & 17, September 30 & 31
- Saskatoon - May 21 & 22, June 4 & 5, June 17 & 18, July 17 & 18, July 31 & August 1, August 12 & 13, August 26 & 27, September 11 & 12, September 23 & 24
- Prince Albert - June 4 & 5
- Estevan - June 18 & 19
- Yorkton - July 3 & 4, September 10 & 11
SCSA Leadership for Safety Excellence Training is eligible for 1.0 Certification Maintenance Points (CMPs) from the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals.