Mission, Mandate and Vision
What is the SCSA?
The Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association (SCSA) is an industry-funded nonprofit organization that provides cost-effective, accessible safety training and advice to employers and employees throughout the province. Companies that are registered with Saskatchewan Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) and fall under the CLASS B – BUILDING CONSTRUCTION rate class are members of the SCSA. SCSA members and supporter members receive preferred pricing on classroom training year-round. The SCSA equips more than 10,000 workers each year with the education and training they need to achieve their organization’s safety goals.
The Mission of the SCSA is to provide quality safety training and advice to construction employers and employees that will lead to reduced human and financial loss associated with injuries in the construction industry.
The Mandate of the SCSA is to provide safety related programs and services to the construction industry that result in a sound foundation for a safe, healthy and profitable industry.
The Vision of the SCSA is to create a business environment which provides stimulants to encourage positive change(s) in the culture and nature of the way the construction industry does its business in Saskatchewan.
Statements that support the Vision are:
- We see a culture where safety becomes a way of doing business within the construction industry leading to zero incidents and lower premiums
- We see the SCSA as a self-controlled, industry supported organization which sets and oversees standards for the industry
- We see safety education and training fully integrated into the K-12 education system and the trades and apprenticeship training programs
- Through effective marketing and public awareness, we see the public gaining a greater awareness and understanding of safety issues and the construction industry
The Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association (SCSA) has established a Strategic Plan to provide direction to the Association over the next five years and beyond. The plan was approved at the Board of Directors Meeting on February 13, 2014. The Strategic Plan will guide the Association in our operational planning, assist in the achievement of desired outcomes and direct us towards a future where the results are:
- Elimination of incidents
- Reduced costs in the industry due to injuries
- More knowledgeable workforce in the area of safety
- Increased buy in from industry and other partners
View the 2014-2019 Strategic Plan (PDF)
2016 SCSA Annual Report